Interests and passion are inspired by our interesting patients; all of our patients are interesting.
Acupuncture and Chinese medicine is well studied in the treatment of a variety of diseases.
If you are interested in whether acupuncture might have been shown to benefit your type of illness, check out this lengthy document from the WHO (World Health Organisation),
particularly, section 3. Pg. 33 Titled: 'Diseases and disorders that can be treated with acupuncture'.
ACUPUNCTURE: REVIEW AND ANALYSIS OF REPORTS ON CONTROLLED CLINICAL TRIALS.
While we have experience in the treatment of many of these illnesses, and a handful that are not yet recognised due to lack of research, our personal focus at Cosm Natural Health is based around our most inspiring victories as practitioners and our favourite and most interesting patients.
Symptoms of diagnosed and self-perceived issues:
- Anxiety (generalised or acute episodes (panic attacks))
- Heart Palpitations
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Difficulty getting to sleep, staying asleep, waking in the night, nightmares or night terrors,
- Sleep apnoea
- Drug and alcohol rehabilitation and management of symptoms of withdrawal.
- Food and other addictions.
- Smoking withdrawal management and SSS(Stopping Smoking Strategically).
Migraines and Headaches
Chronic (long standing and stubborn) musculoskeletal injury and acute pain anywhere in the body.
- Lower back pain : Sciatica, disc bulges and herniations, rheumatoid and osteoarthritis
- Joint pain and injury : Bursitis, ligament and muscle tears.
- Plantar fasciitis
- Neurological pain and injury
- Chrons / Ulcerative Colitis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Allergies and Sensitivities
- Child and adult onset
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Skin sensitivity - Eczema
- Constipation / Diarrhoea
- Bloating and gas
- Gut sensitivity
Reproductive health (women and men)
- Hormonal imbalances
- Regulating menstruation
- Pregnancy and post-natal support
- Sperm quality
- Sexual function
- Digestive Imbalances
- Anxiousness and behavioural difficulties
- Sleep difficulty, bed wetting
- Ticks and tremors
You might find that you have a collection of these symptoms or diagnoses and could feel overwhelmed with what focus on initially.
Holistic medicine works on multiple systems and it is not uncommon to find that these illnesses are part of a root cause.
Chinese Medicine diagnosis works on subtle pattern differentiation, meaning that if your body gave you an otherwise un-notable sign, be it a twitch in the eye or a tingle in your toe, we want to hear about it.
So don't feel as though you need to leave out any information when talking to your practitioner. Every little part counts towards the whole picture.